Democratic Party: Local, State, and National Sites
- Buncombe County Democratic Party: www.buncombedems.org
Henderson County Democratic Party: www.myhcdp.com
- National Democratic Committee: www.democrats.org
- NC Democratic Party: www.ncdp.org
- NC District 11 Democrats: https://www.nc11democrats.org
- Young Democrats of NC: www.ydnc.org
- US House of Representatives: www.house.gov
Click “Legislative Activity” in banner bar across top of page, then click “Votes” in the right hand column under “Legislative Activity.” Click on the bill number. If the bill is older, click on “View All” and click on the bill number. Click “Representative” to find any representative’s web page.
- US Senate: www.senate.gov
Click “Legislation and Records” in center below banner. Use the look-up bill search under “Bill Search 113th Congress” or go to “Roll Call Votes” under “Recent Floor Activity.” Click “Senators” in center under banner to find any senator’s web page.
Publications of Interest
- The Hill: www.thehill.com
Congressional newspaper that publishes everyday when Congress is in session, focusing on business/lobbying, political campaigns, etc.
- Library of Congress: thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php
In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress. Legislative information, bill status and summaries, archival information on legislation and roll call votes.
- NC Policy Watch: www.ncpolicywatch.com
NC Policy Watch is an independent project of the NC Justice Center, North Carolina’s leading private, nonprofit anti-poverty organization. The two organizations share the same guiding objective—to bring about social, political, and economic justice in North Carolina.
- Democracy North Carolina: www.democracy-c.org
Democracy North Carolina is a nonpartisan organization that uses research, organizing, and advocacy to increase voter participation, reduce the influence of big money in politics, and achieve a government that is truly of the people, for the people, and by the people.
- NC Justice Center: www.ncjustice.org
The North Carolina Justice Center is the state’s preeminent voice for economic, social, and political justice. As a leading progressive research and advocacy organization, its mission is to eliminate poverty in North Carolina by ensuring that every household in the state has access to the resources, services and fair treatment it needs to achieve economic security. The Budget and Tax Center is part of the Justice Center.
- NC General Assembly: www.ncleg.net
Link to either the Senate or the House or search a bill by number or word search.
- ProPublica: https://www.propublica.org
ProPublica is an independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism with moral force. ProPublica covers a range of topics, including government and politics, business, criminal justice, the environment, education, health care, immigration, and technology.
- Raleigh News & Observer: www.newsobserver.com
- Fact Check, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center: www.factcheck.org
A nonpartisan, nonprofit “consumer advocate” for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.
- New York Times: www.nytimes.com
- Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com